Friday, January 23, 2009

Sloppy Joes

Jessica over at Life As Mom is hosting a recipe swap this week with the theme of comfort foods. To me, Sloppy Joes is a comfort food. There is a greasy spoon locally that offers Sloppy Joes, "just like mom used to make" with a side of macaroni and cheese as a lunch special. It is so good when you are having a bad day.

I enjoy making Sloppy Joes at home too. There is just something about that sweet and tangy filling on a good bun that is irresistible.

Sloppy Joes

1# ground meat
1 can diced tomatoes
3/4 c Ketchup
2 Tbsp brown sugar
chili powder

Brown meat and drain off fat. Add 1 can diced tomatoes and stir. To taste, add ketchup, brown sugar and chili powder (sorry! I don't actually measure those ingredients, I estimated what I think they are - I really do adjust to taste). Leave on heat until it is warmed through.

For the ultimate meal, serve it up with the Macaroni and Cheese recipe that Jessica shares on her comfort food Recipe Swap over at Life As Mom. For even more recipes, check out the recipe swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge.

2 comments:

FishMama said...

I love sloppy joes. Wish my picky eaters did.

Treasures By Brenda said...

All four of us (two teenage boys) love sloppy joes and they can actually be somewhat healthy with lean meat, extra veggies and a side salad. To see my recipe, visit The Best-Ever Sloppy Joes Recipe.

Brenda

Brenda