Thursday, April 16, 2009

Snowdrop Cookies

I am a big fan of cookies. I have tried a number of cookie recipes over the years. Some I have loved, others have been just okay. One cookie that I like because it is unique and different than many other cookies I have had are Snowdrop Cookies. They are essentially a meringue chocolate chip cookie.

Snowdrop Cookies (3 dozen)

3 egg whites (room temperature)
1/4 tsp cream of tarter
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c granulated sugar
1/4 c mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven 250F. In mixer bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add cream of tarter and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form. Add sugar, 2 tbsp at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips. Drop onto ungreased foil lined cookie sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn oven off and let cookies sit in oven for 30 minutes more.

Each cookie is only 23 calories according to the notes that I made from the recipe.

For more cookie recipes, check out the Ultimate Recipe Swap Cookie Throwdown at Life As Mom.

For even more recipes, check out the recipe swap at The Grocery Cart Challenge.