Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tried It Tuesday - Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red

Having been fighting a cold for what feels like forever (went to the doctor, turns out it is a sinus infection - so hopefully, with medicine I should be getting better soon!), I haven't been doing much of anything. But, I have been drinking my tea!

I used to think I didn't like tea. But then, when I was in high school, I went to a friend's house and she offered me some hot tea. Being a teenager, I was concerned that I couldn't not like tea if she liked tea, so I accepted a cup of hot tea - lemon flavored as I recall - and I was pleasantly surprised, it actually was good. I stayed 'safe' for a while, drinking only lemon teas, but, overtime, I got more adventurous and started trying some other teas.

A few years ago, I was at my cousin's house visiting for the weekend and since neither of us were coffee drinkers (that has changed somewhat too, but that's another story), she offered me a cup of tea at breakfast. She had a variety of teas, including some samples of assorted teas, so I thought I would try the Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red tea. I had it with a touch of sugar and some milk - the first time I had ever used milk in tea. Yum! I was sold. I immediately looked for a box of the tea the next time I was at the store.

The tea is "an herb tea made from the foliage of a hardy shrub grown only in South Africa’s Cederberg mountains". The Rooibos tea is known for it's antioxidants. The tea has a nice flavor. The vanilla component lends a nice soft flavor, not too overpowering. It is 100% Natural and has a very short ingredient list - Rooibos, Natural French Vanilla Flavor and Vanilla Bean. As it is caffeine free, it is a tea that I enjoy frequently in the evening before heading to bed. I really like that the bags are string free - I am one to leave my tea brewing the entire time I drink the tea and I find that the strings are a hassle - I know, I could just pull them off, but that is effort.

I always enjoy the Madagascar Vanilla Red steaming hot with a touch of sugar and a splash of milk, like I experienced it the first time. (It is the only tea that I use milk in.) Sometimes, I will pair it with a simple sugar cookie for an even more special treat. On days when I am not feeling well, I swap out the sugar and substitute in honey. With this cold, I have had a cup (sometimes two) every night for the past two weeks and now, I need to go buy more.

Have you tried Celestial Seasonings Madagascar Vanilla Red? What did you think? What is your favorite tea? Have you tried another product? Share your thoughts in the comments or post about it at your blog and come back and leave a link on Mr. Linky. Please be sure to include a link back here in your post.



0 comments: