Friday, October 30, 2009

Fat Burnin' Friday

WoooHooo! It was a great week. Sure I had my share of challenges, but something sure was working. I have a few theories on this.

First, it's been two weeks since I crossed a decile and reduced my points by one per day. I think the first few weeks, with everything else going on, I found myself using more of my weekly allowance. This week, I finally have adjusted to the smaller intake (about 50 calories on average) and didn't need the weekly points.

Second, I ate soup with and for many meals. Soup is one of those things that is filling and satisfying, but since it is in large part water, doesn't hang around as much. I made a delicious Turkey Noodle soup for dinner on Sunday and used it as a side for dinner and as my lunch for a couple of days. I definitely think I will try to keep more soup on the menu, at least for lunch.

I'd like to say that I got around to exercising, but aside from an ocassional walk, really didn't get back into the groove that I had hoped to.

At Weight Watcher's this week, I had a successful week as well. Last week, when I had weighed in, I had experienced a weight gain. I had literally driven home from vacation that day, so I wasn't completely surprised. I lost what I had gained and more. I have now lost a total of 7.4# over 5 weeks, on average about 1.5#. I like this number. I really think that the meetings and the weekly weigh in are doing their job in keeping me motivated. It is awesome to sit in the meeting and hear about other's success and to talk through how to make plan work for you.

Since last Friday, I have lost almost 4#!!! I now only 27.8# to go! I am very happy with my accomplishment. My original goal was 40#, so I am now 1# away from being 1/3 of the way to my goal.

I started tracking on Fat Burnin' Friday a couple of weeks before I started Weight Watchers, so my totals are different. In addition, I weigh on Monday for Weight Watchers and Friday for Fat Burnin' Friday.

2 comments:

kalea_kane said...

Congratulations on your continued success. You are doing an amazing job!

Katie said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I love it. I especially love that you do WW! I do it too. :)