Monday, October 5, 2009

Joshua Bell: At Home with Friends


Through One2One Network, I had the opportunity to preview the new Joshua Bell CD, At Home with Friends. The new album was released on Tuesday, September 29th.

The album has a very nice sound to it. Joshua Bell is a very talented, classical violinist. The new album At Home with Friends features duets with Josh Groban, Sting, Chris Botti, Regina Spektor, Kristin Chenoweth, Tiempo Libre and many others. I do like the sound of the violin and Joshua Bell has definitely got talent in playing it. A few of the songs on the album were familiar to me.

For me the biggest challenge is when do I get to listen to it. It's not really driving around in my car music, which is where I listen to about 95% of my music. I definitely could see it playing during dinner or during a small gathering.

Album Tracklisting :
I Loves You Porgy featuring Chris Botti, trumpet
Come Again featuring Sting, vocals
Oblivion featuring Carel Kraayenhof, bandoneon
Cinema Paradiso featuring Josh Groban, vocals
Para Tí featuring Tiempo Libre, various
My Funny Valentine featuring Kristin Chenoweth, vocals
Maybe So featuring Edgar Meyer Sam Bush and Mike Marshall, strings
Grieg: Sonata No. 3 featuring Sergei Rachmaninoff (Zenph re-performance)
Eleanor Rigby featuring Frankie Moreno, piano & vocals
O, Cease Thy Maiden Fair featuring Nathan Gunn, baritone
Il Postino featuring Carel Kraayenhof, bandoneon
Left Hand Song featuring Regina Spektor, piano & vocals
Chovendo Na Roseira featuring Dave Grusin, piano
Look Away featuring Edgar Meyer, bass and Chris Thile, mandolin
Variant Moods: Duet for Sitar & Violin featuring Anoushka Shankar, sitar
I'll Take Manhattan featuring Marvin Hamlisch, piano

You can learn more about Joshua Bell by checking out his website or fanning him on Facebook. While on his website, be sure to check out the history of the 1713 Gibson Stradivarius violin that he plays. It has a really interesting history.



I did not recieve any compensation for this post, but did recieve a complimentary copy of the disc to review.

0 comments: