Thursday, February 11, 2010

Valentine's Day Treats


I enjoy making treats (of course, sometimes I enjoy eating them too much!). For Valentine's Day treats can come in all forms, but frequently, there is a heart or chocolate involved.

This year, once again, I made finger jello and cut it out as hearts for my daughter's Valentine's Day party. It really is rather simple to make. What I can't quite figure out is why the Jello box doesn't have a recipe for it - they have Jigglers, but those are just made with less water - and the Knox Gelatin box doesn't have a recipe for it - they have Knox Squares made with fruit juice, but neither have the recipe that I remember from my childhood with Jello and Knox.

Finger Jello
2 large Jello (or 4 small)
4 packets Knox Gelatin
4 c Boiling Water

Mix together, pour in pan and let set. Once set, use a cookie cutter to cut out in the desired shape.



I also saw an idea where you make four different colors of jello, stacked on each other. Mix 1 small pack Jello, 1 packet of Knox and 1 c Boiling Water. Pour in pan and allow to set, then do the next layer, repeat. When you are done, you will have a rainbow of finger jello, which sounds fun to me - maybe I will try that one at the Fourth of July and use some Blue and Red Jello for my layers.

Now, here is a link for Easy Cake Truffles, that I would like to make for myself. They sound so yummy and decadent.

For even more Valentine's Day treats, check out this week's edition of Ultimate Recipe Swap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think my grocery store is selling those. thanks!

Unknown said...

I need to get Knox jello. JDaniel would love this.