Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Tried It Tuesday: Tyson Any'tizers QuesaDippers

When I was a little girl, we had a family tradition (or so it seemed to me) that every New Year's Eve, we would eat dinner at any fast food place that we wanted. My mom would gather up coupons and we would stop at a couple of restaurants. I'm not sure when it ended, but I know that at some point we no longer did this.

Now that I am married and we have kids, we have a tradition too. We have a dinner full of bite sized foods, or appetizers. I typically will make crab cakes, bagel bites, popcorn shrimp, and more. This way, everyone can have a bite of everything on the menu, without feeling over-stuffed. We started this when my son was young. We had invited over friends, including those with young children to help us celebrate the new year. I wanted the menu to be kid-friendly, so I went with bite size treats.

I like to mix it up with purchased and prepared appetizers. One new appetizer that I recently got to try is the Tyson Any'tizers QuesaDippers

    Tyson is introducing Any’tizers® QuesaDippers™ snacks in family-pleasing varieties, such as Taco Seasoned Chicken with Zesty Garden Salsa and Fajita Chicken with Cilantro Lime Salsa. These tasty snacks combine flour tortillas, flavorfully seasoned all-white chicken and delicious Monterey Jack cheese, and are packaged with delicious salsa dipping sauces.

We recently tried the Fajita Chicken with Cilantro Lime Salsa for dinner. We were having enchiladas, so it felt like a natural fit. The QuesaDippers were very easy to prepare. Simply preheat your oven and put them on a pan to bake. In just about 10 minutes, your QuesaDippers are ready to serve. Much quicker than assembling your own. The salsa comes packaged in two separate thaw and serve packets, so you can make only a portion of the QuesaDippers at the same time if you prefer.

I like that they were made with all-white chicken. The amount of chicken and cheese feels like the right balance, neither seems to be lost in the other. The package indicates that there are 8 servings of 2 pieces. As a side or an appetizers, 2 pieces is a good number. (For me, it was a nice treat and had a value of only 5 PointsPlus.)

My husband and I agreed that the variety we tried could have used some additional spice. That being said, the milder seasoning and salsa certainly makes them more family friendly, especially for those with younger children that are more adverse to spice. Also, the other variety, sounds like it could be spicier (the salsa is described as Zesty) and we will give that one a try too. The other option could be to simply serve a second salsa that is spicier to kick it up a bit.

We will probably include these as part of our New Year's Eve dinner menu.

After dinner, usually at 7 pm, we do a count down and let the kids toast in the New Year with a bottle of sparkling cider. We follow that with a dessert and by then, it is bedtime for the kids.

What are your New Year's Eve traditions?

No compensation was received for this post. I received two coupons so that I could try the New Tyson Any'tizers QuesaDippers for free and share our experience with my readers.

0 comments: